Hirviäkuru, Pittiövaara

For a good while I have been looking up this place from the map.
It is just a stone's throw away from my home
and in the map it show's a deep canyon in middle of the hill.
The canyon name Hirviäkuru translates to ´Terrible Canyon´
So one more reason to go check the place!

 The view on top of Pittiövaara hill were amazing. And again I was surprised how far I could actually see from there, as it doesn't look so high hill or stand out from surroundings.

 The colors of the nature were amazing. <3 

The view from the other side of the hill top, before arriving to the canyon. 

Hirviäkuru canyon was impressive sight. It truly was deep and long and there was cool cliffs to peak down to the bottom. There is also a rock climbing place with fixed metal rings in the rock. There was this time also a family climbing, but as I usually try to avoid human contact in the wilderness, I sneaked around them and continued my way.

I found also a cool reindeer skull. 

 Hanging on the edge.

But the most amazing thing on this adventure was this little unnamed canyon right next to the big and famous one. If you see it on a map, it looks like nothing. Just a little depression on the side of the hill.

But wow.
I was speechless as I entered to this other canyon.
It wasn't straight crack on the terrain, like the bigger one, 
but more like this maze full of rocky peaks and cliffs.
There was something truly magical here.

 From here I could capture like half of the canyon. It was one of these places, where you need to go and experience it. No picture will ever be able to tell the whole story.

 On the one of the cliffs I met the guardian of the rocky canyon. Can you see him?
I sat a long time there with him. Seeing the view he has been watching for thousands of years.

One day I need to come back.
I left a part of my heart here,
on the edge of the little sister of Hirviäkuru.

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Giilavárri - Se joka menee ylös, on sen myös tultava alas

Pyhä-Nattanen

Pallas - The story of bravery in a story where things went horribly wrong