Sattasvaara



Sattasvaara or Sattas-hill
The name translates to sand-hill,
as "satta" comes from sami-language and means "a place where is a lot of sand".

Highest point 515 meters from the sea level, according to my tracker.


I visited here first time last winter, when it was cold and shiny day and there was a lot of snow everywhere. And have to say, that it was definitely easier to climb up there in winter time, when all the rocks where under a snow. Now the paths were really tricky and we had to look where we step instead admiring the view. 

The northern wind was same as last time, a bit cold. But the sun was shining from the south, as in the last time. So we dicided to eat our sandwiches and drink tea on the door step of the old fire watchman's hut. Hut covered us from the wind and the sun warmed our bodies and souls. And of course the view is better to the south, as there is a big and not so beautiful mine on the northern side of the hill. 

Again I was wondering in my mind, that as long as I can spend my time drinking hot tea in the places like this, I will live a happy life.


From this old pine tree one can see how it has been adapt to carry the weight of the snow in winter.

There was also a lot of beautiful plants and flowers growing here.
I will show you my observations later in an other post!

View to the north-east. In the left edge of the pic one can see the mine.

On top of the world.

I had my best and most loyal adventure partner with me on this trip. She traveled all the way from southern Finland to spend couple days here with me.
And I already can't wait for our next adventure together!



Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Giilavárri - Se joka menee ylös, on sen myös tultava alas

Pyhä-Nattanen

Pallas - The story of bravery in a story where things went horribly wrong