All Saints' Day Night Festival


This might be my first "not-outdoor" related story in this blog.
So behold,
I will now reveal to you one of my other passions.
Which is, arranging fun and amazing parties to my friends.

Back in the university,
I actually was acting as a head party planer in our student union.
And I loved it.

Designing the theme, decorations, music and food.
All the little details to great the atmosphere
and full experience for the guests.


So, as I'm unemployed at the moment,
I had plenty of time to plan something fun for my friends.

(Thanks for covid-19, for really giving me the time to stop and realize,
that my choice of career wasn't even mine,
and I had been following this path unquestionably for too long already.)

As we don't have Halloween in Finland,
but we have Pyhäinmiestenpäivä (All Saints' Day)
I prepared the All Saints' Day Night Festival.


I designed beautifully creepy invitation cards,
where I asked people to wear something dead as their choice of costume.
I have to admire people's creativity for this,
as there was everything from a fox muff to a fossil and Johnny Cash.


I decorated our penthouse
with candles, bones, skulls and lights.

(Don't get me wrong,
our home is a normal two room apartment
on the top floor of a normal block building.
Penthouse just sounds so much better,
obviously).

To our balcony I created a "winter garden",
which I'm especially proud of
and I'm totally keeping it until the next spring.


I designed my character,
and as the party was held in a penthouse manor,
it was only suitable I transformed myself to
Countess Madam Sicher.


The cherry on top of the decoration cake,
was a live-Cluedo game.
(You know this board game,
where you go different rooms
and try to figure out who is the killer?)

So we had dropped clues to every room of our house
and the guests where led to find out,
that our housekeeper had gone missing
and he might be murdered
and their job was to find the body.



And now,
I can tell you about the menu.

For my opinion,
a party is successful only,
when there is plenty of amazing food.
So naturally, 
knowing my passion for good food,
I took my time designing the menu.

I wanted to make delicious and creepy foods,
with a proper Halloween twist.


My struggle with the recipes was,
that there were no Finnish,
nor some cases even English recipes available,
the recipes where not gluten-free
and the flavors where not for me.

So, I took my time,
and made my own combinations.
I took the appearance of the food from several sources in internet,
I collected gluten-free recipes from other sources
and combined them with the flavors of my choice.

And here are my recipes for all of you,
who want to make delicious and creepy foods,
but struggle with English recipes
or want have it gluten-free.

Bon Appétit!


Silmä Kurpitsa-pasteijat (L, G)
34kpl

Taikina

4,5 dl glut. kaurajauhoja
2 dl maissijauhoja
4 tl psylliumia
1 tl suolaa
150 g voita
2 dl lakt. ranskankermaa
1 dl kylmää vettä

Täyte

600 g kurpitsaa
3 valkosipulinkynttä (silputtuna)
2 tl kuivattua chili rouhetta
5 rkl oliiviöljyä
2 rkl hunajaa
2 tl suolaa
2 tl kuminaa
1 tl mustapippuria
1 tl savupaprikajauhetta

Koristelu

oliiveja
tomusokeria
vettä
kananmuna

Sekoita kuivat aineet keskenään. Nypi pehmeä voi kuivien aineiden joukkoon. Lisää ranskankerma ja vesi. Sekoita taikina tasaiseksi. Taputtele taikina levyksi ja laita taikinalevy muovipussin sisässä vetäytymään jääkaappiin. Valmista täyte. 
Paloittele kurpitsanliha muutaman sentin kokoisiksi kuutioiksi. Levitä kuutiot leivinpaperin päälle pellille. Sekoita öljy ja loput mausteet ja kaada seos kurpitsan palojen päälle. Paahda kurpitsakuutioita 200-asteisen uunin keskitasolla 20–30 minuuttia tai kunnes ne ovat pehmeitä. Laita uuni 225 asteeseen.
Kauli taikina ohueksi levyksi. Ota levystä pyöreällä muotilla ympyröitä, joiden halkaisija noin 10 cm. Laita kunkin ympyrän päälle ruokalusikallinen täytettä ja nosta toinen puoli päälle. Paina pasteijaa päältä hieman litteämmäksi. Painele sormella pasteijan reunat kiinni. Leikkaa taikinasta pienempiä ympyröitä ja leikkaa ne halki. Vedä viilto luomeksi. Aseta puolikas oliivi pasteijan päälle ja luomi sen päälle. Painele luomi varovasti kiinni laidoilta. Voitele pasteijat kananmunalla. Paista pasteijoita uunissa noin 13-15 minuuttia tai kunnes ovat kauniin ruskeita. Anna pasteijoiden jäähtyä. Sekoita vedestä ja tomusokerista paksua massaa ja maalaa sillä valkoinen reunus silmän alalaitaan sekä valkoinen piste silmään. 


Lasinsirpale Puolukka-vanilja-kuppikakut (L, G)
20kpl

Karkki-lasi

225 g valkoista sokeria
1,2 dl vettä
150 g glukoosi siirappia 

Kuumenna aineksia paksupohjaisessa kattilassa keskilämmöllä.
Sekoittele kunnes ovat liuenneet yhteen.
Lopeta sekoittaminen ja kuumenna 148C.
Kaada seos uunivuokaan leivinpaperille,
levitä nuolijalla sopivan paksuksi kerrokseksi.
Anna jäähtyä 1-2h. Särje vasaralla sirpaleiksi.

Verisiirappi

1dl vaaleaa siirappia
1rkl maizenaa
0,25 dl vettä
1rkl punaista väriainetta

Sekoita siirappi, vesi ja maizena. Lisää väriä kunnes sopiva sävy.

Puolukka muffinssit

3,5 dl glut kaurajauhoja
2 dl sokeria
1 tl vaniljasokeria
1 tl leivinjauhetta
ripaus suolaa
1,5 dl lakt. turkkijugurttia
100 g lakt. voita
2 muna
2 dl puolukoita

Uuni kuumenemaan 175C. Sulata voi.
Sekoita kuivat aineet keskenään.
Vatkaa munat jugurtin sekaan ja lisää voisula.
Yhdistä kuivat aineet voi-seokseen.
Kääntele taikina tasaiseksi, älä vatkaa.
Lisää rikotut puolukat taikinaan. Paista keskitasolla 20-25 min. 

Kuorrute

100 g lakt. voita
3,5 dl tomusokeria
150 g lakt. mascarponejuustoa
tippa vanilja-aromia

Vatkaa huoneenlämpöinen voi vaaleaksi.
Siivilöi tomusokeri sekaan koko ajan vatkaten.
Lisää mascarponejuusto osissa edelleen vatkaten. Lisää aromi.

Porsota kuorrute jäähtyneiden muffinssien päälle.
Tökkää muutama sokeri-lasinsirpale pystyyn kuorrutteeseen.
Valuta pienellä lusikalla verisiirappia kuppikakun päälle.


Sormi Juustotikut ja salsa (L, G)
8 kpl

150 g lakt. Mustaleima juustoa
1 rkl (15 g) lakt. voita
1 kananmuna
1 ½ dl glut. kaurahiutaleita 
½ rkl seesaminsiemeniä
manteleita kynsiksi

Uuni 200C. Raasta juusto karkeaksi. Sulata voi pehmeäksi.
Lisää voi juustoraasteen joukkoon, nypi sekaisin. Sekoita joukkoon loput aineet.
Muotoile taikinasta pötköjä ja laita ne leivinpaperille uunipellille.
Paina manteli kynneksi.
Paista uunin ylämmällä tasolla noin 10 min tai kunnes sormet ovat kauniin kullanruskeita.
Siisti sormien reunat sulaneesta juustosta.
Tarjoile tomaattisalsan kanssa.


This is a kind of a post-script,
where I want to thank you all who came to my party.

Because of the situation,
I had kept the invitations to the party limited.

But still I have to admit,
I had a little moment
four hours before the party was to kick off,
when I sat in my kitchen,
and had just learned,
after all the hard work I had put in to the party,
that only three person would be attending to my party.

On that moment I was wondering,
what's the point in all this.
And all the previous cases,
where I had organized something and no one had came,
filled my mind.

After this little empty moment in kitchen,
I stood up,
pour myself a glass of rose wine
(at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, like a proper countess would do),
I turned the party playlist on
(loud enough)
and begin with my make up.

I would still have three guest coming in a few hours.
And it would be my duty to make sure,
they would have the best party ever.

And after all we did spend together a wonderful evening.
Non of the guests figured out our live-Cluedo,
but it was a good pilot game.
Next year will be even more awesome.

And after all,
we were truly lucky,
for even being able to celebrate,
as two days later
the covid-19 hit our small city for the first time
and at once isolated half of the city in to a quarantine.

Until the next time!

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Giilavárri - Se joka menee ylös, on sen myös tultava alas

Pyhä-Nattanen

Pallas - The story of bravery in a story where things went horribly wrong