Pappilanniemi - The Small Wonders


The weirdest thing happened to us.
The day before everything was fine.
More than fine.
I felt myself invincible.
I was climbing like a monkey.
Sending road after road.
I was riding the tide.

What the day after brought us was...


We both came sick.
Like really sick.
Midday after lunch.
I felt awful and needed to go to bed.
AK send me message from the work.
"How are you? I'm not good."

That night and the days to follow,
we lied in our bed.
Eyes closed,
hand in hand,
we waited for the pain to stop.

Only help we could get,
was that they tested us for covid-19.
It wasn't covid.
So bye-bye and try no manage by yourself.


On those long hours,
when we waited,
will the painkillers stay inside long enough to start effecting
and if so,
will they work this time
and for how long
before the pain comes back.

We still don't know what the disease was
or where we got it.
But it was definitely the worst we have ever went through.
And there were moments when,
I swear to gods,
we were hoping it would had been covid-19
instead of this,
what ever it was.


After a week or so,
I lost the count of time
as it didn't matter at the time,
I was strong enough to get up.

I longed for the fresh air.
Our home was like a mausoleum
and I wanted to get out of it.

I went for a walk at the near by walking trail
around Pappilanniemi area.
It is the common jogging trail,
which is so familiar
that you don't really pay attention to it.

That day I enjoyed it more than ever before.


It felt so good to be out side.
Breath the fresh cold air.
Hear the snow under my shoes.
Everything was so beautiful.

The lights along the walkway
where all different.
Some of them bright white,
others orange, green and pink.
Some of them blinking,
some turning of, when passing them.

The atmosphere was magical.
The mood changing with the colored lights.

I stopped by a dark forest part,
there was some weird bird singing.
I couldn't see it
 and I had never heard it before.
Afterwards turned out it was
a Grey-headed woodpecker (Picus canus).

All along above me on the sky
was the big spot light
turning and circling.
It had been installed
on the roof top of the town hall.
No one still knows for sure what is the purpose of the light.
My guess is that they are looking for the Batman.


After the walk I was tired from the physical effort,
but I felt strong happiness.
I felt big gratefulness
of all the small wonders I encountered
on this small adventure,
which was more than I had had in several days.


Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Giilavárri - Se joka menee ylös, on sen myös tultava alas

Pyhä-Nattanen

Pallas - The story of bravery in a story where things went horribly wrong